Senior Independent Living in Birmingham, AL
Moving from the home you’ve lived in for years can be a big step. That’s why we’ve designed our senior independent living community around the things that mean the most to you—freedom, independence, and ability to live the carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle you want. At Galleria Woods, you can spend your days doing exactly what you want to do, and you’ll find lots of services, amenities, and fun, engaging activities to help you live your very best life. It’s the retirement life you love—but even better!
Keep your body moving by taking part in our daily fitness and wellness programs.
Plus, get your personal workout in at our fully equipped Fitness Center, take a swim at our outdoor Aquatic Center, or just take a stroll on our beautiful walking paths.
Enjoy our calendar of outings and daytrips to all your favorite cultural and recreational spots.
throughout the entire Birmingham area. Or hop our exclusive bus service for worship services, shopping excursions, and more. At Galleria Woods, we’re going places!
Indulge in your favorite pastimes or learn new skills in our arts and crafts classes or grab your favorite book in our library.
Have a green thumb? You’ll love tending your very own outdoor garden!
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities and events are happening every day.
njoy your morning cup of coffee in the bistro cafe or gather for a little friendly competition in the Game Room. You’ll find lots of great ways to socialize and make new friends at Galleria Woods!
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals featuring delicious cuisine in our beautiful dining room. Hosting friends and family? We cater private events too!
- Check out our bistro café --the perfect little on-campus bistro where you can enjoy a cup of coffee, light lunch, or the very best hotdogs in town
- On-campus, full-service beauty and barber shop to keep you looking and feeling your very best
- Heated outdoor pool
- Fully equipped fitness center to keep yourself in shape
- Fitness and Wellness programs—including yoga and exercise classes
- Therapy room
- Arts & crafts studio to stimulate your creativity
- Many wonderful places to gather, including our courtyard and gardens, library, game room, Fireside Living Room
- Walking trails to keep you in touch with nature
- Computer room with Internet access to keep you connected
As a life care community, Galleria Woods provides a seamless transition to assisted living, long-term care or rehab, if ever needed.
At Galleria Woods, we know that the way we provide our services to you is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why we’re committed to a culture of gracious hospitality and service that ensures that each interaction with you and your family is meaningful and memorable.
Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Scheduled transportation with our private cars to medical appointments, as well as bus service for shopping excursions, worship services and other leisure activities
- Personal concierge services
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service, so you have more time to do the things you want to do
When you choose independent living at Galleria Woods, the only things you’re giving up are the things that can slow you down, hold you back, and keep you from living your very best retirement life.
These are just some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to:
- Prompt and complete maintenance of your apartment and Garden home including all appliances supplied by Galleria Woods
- Meticulous lawn care and landscaping ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- 24/7 security
- Most utilities included in your residence (except private phone, cable and internet services)
- Wi-Fi access throughout common areas
- Emergency response system in every apartment home
Think of Galleria Woods as your new favorite dining spot—or spots! With our innovative dining program, you can enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, healthy, chef-inspired dishes in our formal dining room, or tuck into the bistro for some delicious. It’s always up to you!
As a life care community, Galleria Woods allows you to live a vibrant, active lifestyle now, knowing you’ll have the security and convenient access to higher levels of quality, on-campus care whenever you need it.
For an initial entrance payment and subsequent monthly fees, your living accommodations, services and amenities are customized to suit your personal lifestyle and changing needs, so you can reside in the appropriate level of care—whether it be assisted living, long-term care or short-term rehabilitation. A variety of financial programs allow you to preserve as much of your capital as you wish, which you may then pass on to your estate.
Many residents use a portion of the proceeds from the sales of their homes to fund their entrance payment. The IRS has ruled that portions of both your entrance payment and monthly fees are deductible on your federal income return as prepayment of medical expenses. You can learn more by consulting your tax advisor.
Events For Prospective Residents
Interested in Galleria Woods? Come join us at one of our fun and informative special events for prospective residents! It’s a great opportunity for you to learn more about us and see first-hand all the incredible amenities we have to offer.See Events
Costs can vary widely depending on the community and the services offered.
A life care community (like Galleria Woods) typically offers a residency agreement with a one-time entrance fee along with a monthly payment that covers the services provided. The entrance fee and monthly fee will vary depending on the size of the residence and the number of occupants. When needs change, care is provided on site from people you already know and trust. In addition to an entrance fee, a monthly fee covers community maintenance, dining programs, and access to all the services and amenities of the community. Refundability of your entrance fee will vary by community.