Short-Term Care and Senior Rehabilitation
Quality care and a personalized experience.
Feel better faster after illness, injury or a hospital stay. Our skilled rehabilitation team members are experts in treating senior adults. They’ll work with you to develop a customized short-term care plan, so you can reach your goals as quickly and safely as possible. Awarded the 2021-2022 Best Short-Term Rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report.
Your best route to recovery.
We offer a range of short-term rehabilitation services in a welcoming residential setting. So that you can fully focus on your health and healing, we take care of chores like housekeeping and laundry, and help you with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming and medication management. Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists will consult with your personal physician, ensuring your plan for short-term care is entirely customized to your needs.
During your short-term stay, we’ll assist with the details of hospital admission, discharge and more. We also conduct a home assessment or home visit to ensure you’re able to safely return to your normal routine.
Treatment plans are available to residents and nonresidents, and may include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurologic rehabilitation for stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease
- Fall prevention program
- Dysphagia/swallowing program (VitalStim®)
- Retraining activities of daily living
- Pulmonary program
- Cardiac heart failure program (as opposed to cardiac rehabilitation)
- Balance and vestibular therapy
- Adaptive/Assistive equipment training
- Low-vision screening
Rehabilitation services and amenities:
- Private or companion suite
- Spacious, inviting common areas
- Three chef-prepared meals a day, with guest meals available
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service
- A variety of life-enriching cultural, social and recreational activities
- 24-hour staffing Emergency call system
- Scheduled transportation
- Full-service salon and barbershop
Frequently asked questions.
What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy helps people at all stages of life develop, recover, or maintain the skills they need to do meaningful and necessary daily activities. Sometimes after an illness, injury or surgery, the activities of daily living (ADLs) such as dressing, bathing and grooming become harder to do. And when older adults experience diminished ranges of motion and mobility, ADLs can become challenging. That’s where occupational therapy comes in.
Occupational therapy services can help older adults maintain independence and have a higher quality of life. Continue reading about occupational therapy for seniors on our blog.
What is orthopedic therapy?
Orthopedic therapy is a specialized type of physical therapy performed by an orthopedic certified specialist (OCS) that focuses on the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions that cause pain and limited physical mobility. The ultimate goal of orthopedic therapy is not only to treat the symptoms, but also to resolve the cause of those symptoms so that the patient can experience lasting comfort and restored range of motion, as well as regain the ability to perform key tasks and activities. Read more about orthopedic therapy on our blog.