This is where it really gets fun.
Sign up for yoga. Go picnicking with the grandkids. Attend a symphony performance. Kayak along tranquil waterways. Our campus brims with opportunities that make each day more fulfilling.
Freedom to enjoy what you love.
Whether you choose from the robust community calendar or do something on your own, there are plenty of ways to get to know your neighbors and stay as busy or relaxed as you like.
If you’re interested in a subject or a particular pastime but don’t see it on our calendar, let us know! Our residents take an active role in our community, initiating and leading classes, clubs, and committees.
There’s more to explore.
Our desirable location in Riverchase is by the Cahaba River, minutes from neighborhood shops, restaurants and golf courses, and close to stunning natural scenery, state parks, culture and entertainment.
- Group fitness, including yoga classes
- Personal training classes
- Lifelong learning, including classes and lectures
- Arts and crafts instruction
- Music classes
- Chorus group
- Community outings
- 45+ interest groups and clubs, including a strong veterans committee
- Energizing volunteer opportunities
Try them out:
- Game room
- Heated outdoor pool
- Computer room
- Gardens, courtyards and walking trails
- Fitness center
- Arts and crafts studio
More to explore nearby.
- Golf courses, boutiques, cafés and breweries
- Museums, galleries, and other cultural attractions
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens,
- Birmingham Zoo, and McWane Science Center
- Riverchase Galleria
- Patton Creek Shopping Center
- Stadium Trace Village
- Lifelong learning classes at the University of Alabama and Jefferson State Community College
- Cahaba River National Wildlife Refuge
- Alabama Theatre
- Lyric Theatre
- Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center
- Friends of the Hoover Public Library
- Friends of the Humane Society