Questions to Ask Assisted Living Communities When Shopping Around
How to Choose an Assisted Living Community
Once you’ve done the initial research, and decided the most desirable location, size and services for an assisted living community, you’ll have created a shortlist of reputable communities most likely to match your family’s needs. As you dive deeper into decision-making, use the questions we’ve provided to refine your search. If you’re helping a loved one with this process, involve them as much as possible at every step, so they’ll feel included and adjust more easily to their new home.
When you’ve identified assisted living communities to visit, call each one to arrange a tour. Taking a tour is essential to seeing what each community has to offer, and will help you identify what is most important to you and your family. During your call, refer to our lists of questions to ask the assisted living representative about their community — you can digest their answers and ask follow-up questions on your tour. Create a checklist for each tour, and be sure to note the name of the community so you can review your impressions easily later.
Questions to Ask Assisted Living Communities:
- Are staff able to provide 24-hour personal assistance to a resident?
- Is there a written plan for care tailored to the resident?
- Which activities of daily living are included in the care plan?
- What is the procedure for reviewing a resident’s needs?
- What is the staff-to-resident ratio?
- What kind of training or qualification do staff have?
- Are staff trained to recommend care if a resident’s abilities change?
- Is there a seamless transition between different levels of care?
- Do staff have experience with conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, diabetes, etc.?
- Do nurses and physicians visit the resident for regular checkups?
- What is the procedure for responding to emergencies?
- What types of residences are available and what are the costs?
- What is the monthly assisted living cost?
- Is there an upfront fee?
- What is the dining plan?
- What is the billing policy?
- Are there additional fees for services and amenities?
- What is the policy on insurance and personal property?
- What expenses are covered by long-term care insurance, Medicare or Medicaid?
- When may a contract be terminated and what are the refund policies?
ABOUT SERVICES & AMENITIES
- What are the different types of assisted living homes and apartments?
- Can residents bring their own furnishings?
- What services are included in assisted living?
- What’s on the calendar of activities and events for residents?
- Do residents take part in activities outside the community?
- Is there transportation for doctor’s appointments?
- Is there a move-in coordination service?
- Is the community pet-friendly?
DURING YOUR TOUR
Pay attention to how you feel and what’s going on around you. As you spend time with the staff and residents, ask them what they like and dislike about the community. Here are a few items to note on your tour – little details to tuck away in your memory that might tip the balance between a good choice or a great choice for quality of life:
- Staff members are friendly and greet you with genuine warmth.
- Interiors and exteriors are clean and well maintained.
- Staff and residents call each other by name.
- Residents are socializing and enjoying time together.
- Residents seem like people your loved one would like.
- Shared spaces are free from obstacles and clutter.
- Floor plans are easy to navigate.
- Residences and common areas are clean, well lit and smell fresh.
- Activities are varied and inclusive of all abilities.
Ask questions of the assisted living community you tour until you’re completely satisfied that you understand all the options, policies and services. You and your family members will feel more confident that the community you choose meets all your criteria, and that you’re making the very best decision.
THAT ‘SPECIAL SOMETHING’
When you think about a community after the tour, did it feel “just right” for your family? At Galleria Woods, we understand that home means different things to different people. We’re committed to doing all we can to make our community feel like home to you.
Learn more about assisted living care that gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want. Get the details about our beautifully appointed residences, exceptional hospitality and engaging activities. It’s a lifestyle that will inspire you to be your healthiest, happiest self. Call 205-277-6915 to talk to a friendly team member today.